The MENA Private Equity Association and Incubate Advisory cordially invite you to attend the workshop on Due Diligence where private equity professionals as well as due diligence specialists will discuss best practices and insights on how to get more out of the process.
Location : Dubai International Financial Center – Capital Club, New York meeting room.
Time : 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Date : 28 January 2016
Topics of discussion:
- Audit Vs Due diligence – what is the difference, classic mistakes
- Unexpected deal issues and deal breakers
- Sell Side Due diligence – when is it most effective
- Due diligence for business turnarounds and recoveries
- Success stories and fails on how DD has helped change investment decisions
- Legal due diligence – Unexpected deal issues and deal breakers
- Management team and staff- review of effectiveness and remuneration packages
MENA PEA Members’ attendance is Free
Non-members attendance fee is AED 550
About The Facilitator
Ara Sahakian is the Managing Partner of Incubate Advisory, a boutique advisory firm providing due diligence, interim management and post-deal implementation services to investors. Ara is a Canadian CPA, CA with a Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Waterloo. He started his career with PwC Toronto, specialising in the automotive sector. After five years with the firm, he was seconded to the Dubai office of PwC where he helped established the advisory practice focusing on servicing the private equity sector in the Middle East. He led numerous due diligence, business recovery, valuation and corporate finance assignment acting as a regional champion.
He was previously a Director at HSBC Private Equity ME responsible for deal sourcing, deal structuring, due diligence, negotiations and portfolio management. Ara has also founded, operated and exited business start-ups and currently owns minority and majority stakes in a handful of successful businesses. He is an active Board member of The Terry Fox Foundation and chair of its audit committee.